Havaş – Airport Bus
The Havaş coach provides the most cost-effective year-round transfer from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport to and from Çeşme and Alaçatı. The journey schedule time from/to the airport is 1-hour 40-minutes from Çeşme and 1-hour 15-minutes from Alaçatı.
Since the end of 2020, the Çeşme & Alaçatı route merged with the Urla Havaş; the bus from the airport stops only on request in Urla; however, from Çeşme the bus takes the Urla detour every trip, adding 10-15-minutes to the Journey time. We recommend that going to the airport allows a total of 2 hours, in case of heavy traffic.
The details below explain and summarise the information available on the Havaş website, Havaş App, posters and coaches. LikeCesme.com accepts no responsibility for changes in services or erroneous information. Please check with the transport provider before travelling – Havaş contact call centre 0850 222 0487. Note the Havaş website and app are prone to frequent downtime and access glitches.
Cost: Each way, TL 140.00 including VAT (price as of March 2023), in cash or by credit card, paid onboard coach to driver or assistant. An official receipt is given.
Note: With inflation and the rapid increase in fuel charges, as of October, the price has already been increased five times in 2022 and therefore expect further increases at short notice.
Facilities: Coach capacity of 52 passengers, reclining seat, seatbelts, and air-conditioning. No toilet or wifi. The coach in the off-season is substituted by a smaller minibus (approx. 20 seats).
- Adnan Menderes Airport domestic arrivals in the middle of the drop-off zone (4th lane) between exits A and B, the Kantin and Simpark restaurants. The havaş coach originates from domestic arrivals, and it is advised to collect from this collection point internally through the arrivals terminals; it is a 5-minute walk between international and domestic.
- Adnan Menderes Airport international arrivals at the departure time, the coach drives from to the zone, briefly stopping to collect international passengers at the north end (right side as exiting terminal) in the lane closest to the terminal. The coach normally signals its arrival and calls out for passengers. However, to be sure it is not already full, it is recommended that you have time to take the coach from the domestic terminal.
- Urla – Rüstem, 35430 Urla/İzmir
- Alaçatı – Yeni Mecidiye Mh., 2070. Sk., 35930 Alaçatı Boulevard in a remote area on the south side of the town.
- Çeşme Otogar – Musalla, 2122. Sk. No:94, 35930 Çeşme, the town’s central coach station 400 metres south of the marina. There are many and frequent dolmus minibuses operating from the coach station to all areas Çeşme, except during the night.
The return stops are the reverse of the above, except at Adnan Menderes Airport, the coach stops first at domestic departures and then on request at international departures.
Typically no other stops are permitted on this route.
TIP! For journeys from Adnan Menderes Airport, if the bus becomes full in the domestic terminal, it will not go to the international terminal! Therefore if you have enough time, it is advisable to catch the bus from the domestic terminal.
Note: Havaş usually operate a Summer & Winter timetable that typically changes in October and May; this may be subject to change. Therefore it is advised to check with the Havaş website or app, especially if travelling close to these dates.
The winter 2022/3 timetable is currently displaying the following schedules. The Alaçatı departure times are officially 20-minutes after the Çeşme departure time.
Summer timetable 2023:
Note: The summer timetable (usually with two more scheduled journey times each way) is as yet unknown and not normally published in advance; it is typically from 1st April to 30th September. It is advised to check with the Havaş website or app, especially if travelling close to these dates.